Portakabin is the pioneer of modular construction in Europe, delivering interim and permanent bespoke buildings, of any size and to fulfil almost any application, site and design. It has provided award-winning off-site built environments of outstanding quality, with unrivalled on time and on budget performance, for over 50 years. Modular construction is fast becoming the building method of choice for organisations looking for buildings delivered quickly and on schedule, to assured quality standards and with minimal impact on the environment or the local area. No other method of construction can match modular building for speed of delivery, reduced waste and disruption, and future flexibility.
Modular construction involves assembling complete buildings using individual factory-built modules. These steel-framed modules are manufactured to exacting tolerances under controlled factory conditions, where construction is not impeded by poor weather or adverse site conditions. The modules are fully fitted with all electrics, plumbing, heating and internal finishes before they leave the factory. Once completed, the modules are transported to site by road, and then craned into position. Modules are connected on site to create complete buildings, which can be of any size and have multiple storeys.
- Modular construction can deliver buildings up to 50% faster than traditional site-based construction methods1
- Factory-based construction minimises time on site – meaning less noise and disruption, as well as a cleaner, safer construction site
- Cost and time certainty – modular building projects are not subject to weather-related delays or site-based skills shortages. In fact, Portakabin has a track record of delivering 99.9% of buildings on time and on budget.2 This compares favourably with the construction-industry average of just 59% delivered on time and 46% on budget3
- Future flexibility – modular buildings can easily be expanded, reduced, reconfigured or even relocated to meet your changing needs
- Guaranteed quality standards – Portakabin has earned the ISO 9001 certification for its quality-management systems, covering everything from office procedures to manufacturing processes, and ISO 14001 for its environmental-management systems
- Fewer defects – our zero tolerance policy towards defects means that all products meet strict quality standards before leaving the factory
- Reduced waste – off-site construction generates up to 90% less waste than traditional on-site building methods4
- Fewer vehicle movements – modular construction results in 90% fewer vehicle movements to, from and on the construction site,5 reducing transport-related emissions and disruption